We are looking forward to getting to know you better through your online application to the Asia School of Business MBA Program.
As you move through the online application, please be sure to read the instructions closely for each section. We encourage you to provide as much information in your application as possible. ASB reserves the right not to review applications that are incomplete, do not meet our minimum requirements, or do not comply with the application instructions.
Please note that the online application for the 2019 intake is now opne.
Asia School of Business MBA Program (2019 Intake)
The online application requires you to submit a number of personal, academic and employment details. Additionally, in order to submit a completed application, the following materials are required:
The cover letter is your way of introducing yourself to the admissions committee. It should be succinct and tie together your past experience, your goals for the future, and how the ASB MBA program can help you achieve them (500 words or fewer).
Please submit a resume that includes your work experience and educational experience in reverse chronological order. It should indicate dates by month/year. It should focus on accomplishments. Extracurricular and other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged. Your resume should NOT exceed 2 pages in length.
You are required to submit ONE essay
- Please only answer one of the below essay questions and include the question you have selected at the top of your document
- You should consider using recent examples from your professional, academic or personal experiences
- Maximum length for the essay is 500 words
Essay Question Options:
- Tell us about a time when you worked with a diverse team on a group project/assignment. What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them? Describe how your actions impacted your teammates, how they reacted, and what the outcome was.
- What makes you, well, you? What do you bring with you that is unique and how are you going to use it, along with the ASB MBA experience, to change the world?
- Describe a time when you were resilient and had to adapt to an uncomfortable dynamic in a professional setting. Tell us about your thought process in deciding how to deal with the situation, the actions you decided to take, and the ultimate outcome. What did you learn from this experience?
Please feel free to use the optional essay section to provide any additional information you would like the Admissions Committee to know that may be helpful in evaluating your candidacy (i.e. something you feel strongly about that is not articulated elsewhere in your application, your choice of recommenders, areas of concern in your academic record, other extenuating circumstances, etc.). This information should be provided in a written format and should not exceed 300 words.
Transcripts & Degree Certificates
*All applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in order to apply to the Asia School of Business MBA Program.
*Applicants with an equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree (particularly if your transcript and/or degree certificate do not explicitly mention it is a Bachelor’s degree) must provide an official explanation from your academic institution or governing body (i.e. Ministry of Education) that clarifies the equivalency of your qualification to a Bachelor’s degree.
Please scan and upload copies of your academic transcripts from all programs you attended that contributed to a degree. If a transcript is not written in English, you must provide a certified translation. The original and the official English translation should be scanned and uploaded as part of your application.
If your educational institution does not use a 4.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) grading scale, you must ensure that your transcripts include a description of the grading scale. If your transcripts do not provide this information, you must submit supplemental official documentation describing the grading scale used. It will also be useful if you can provide supplemental official documentation that indicates the GPA (on a 4.0 scale) based on the grades or points awarded by your academic institution. You may include the supplemental document(s) within your transcript document upload, or you may upload as a separate document(s) when adding the institution.
An “unofficial” or student copy of transcripts can be provided; however, if an applicant is admitted to the MBA program, he or she will be required to submit an official transcript signed and sealed from every school attended that contributed to a degree. Any discrepancies between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a candidate’s rejection or a withdrawal of our offer of admission.
Please submit a copy of all diplomas/degrees/certificates for programs from which you have received a degree. If the original is not in English, you are required to submit an official English translation. You may either include the document(s) with your transcript upload, or you may upload as a separate document(s).
GMAT or GRE
The ASB Admissions Committee strongly encourages all applicants to submit a valid GMAT or GRE score as part of their application. We accept both GMAT and GRE and have no preference for one over the other.
Test scores are only valid for five years. Therefore, for applicants planning to enter the ASB MBA program in 2019, we will consider all scores taken after August 1, 2014. We ask that you also include percentiles when submitting your score. You may self-report your scores within your application and have your official GMAT or GRE scores sent to Asia School of Business.
- There is no program code required for the GMAT
- MBA GRE School Code: 7568
- GMAT and GRE test score information is useful for the admissions committee when making scholarship decisions
- The GMAT is often requested by top companies when evaluating graduates for employment opportunities
- The Admissions Committee ultimately reserves the right to require a test score from all applicants
English Proficiency Requirement (ESL)
All applicants must either be a native English language speaker OR have received a university degree taught in English. Those who do not fulfil either requirement must provide proof of their English language proficiency by submitting one of the following valid test scores (the minimum required score is in brackets):
- IELTS (Overall band 6.0)
- TOEFL (Paper-based 550, Internet-based 79)
- Cambridge English Advanced/Proficiency
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic (50)
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) (Band 4)
We will only accept English language proficiency test scores taken within two years of the start date of the intake you are applying for. Therefore, for applicants planning to enter the ASB MBA program in 2019, we only accept the above English language proficiency test scores taken after August 1, 2017.
All applicants that are required to provide proof of English language proficiency are responsible for ensuring that their official test score reports are sent to ASB.
- For IELTS, ASB’s RO name is “Asia School of Business”
- For TOEFL, ASB’s reporting code is B408
All applicants are required to submit a video as part of their application. In no more than 2 minutes, your video should introduce yourself to the ASB community. Your video will help the admissions committee to get to know you better, to learn more about your personality, passions, accomplishments and aspirations, and to understand what unique qualities set you apart from your peers.
- Please keep all videos to 2:00 minutes total in length
- You may upload your video OR Host your video externally (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox); Please ensure that you provide an unprotected link (no password required)
- The video submission is an opportunity for you to showcase aspects of your personality that you wish to highlight to the Admissions Committee; therefore, you must appear in person in your video
- Be authentic and be yourself!
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. Professional recommendations are preferred from individuals who are able to speak with certainty about your professional achievements and potential. We do not accept recommendations from family members or friends.
Recommenders must submit recommendations online. We do not accept recommendations via email.
ASB utilizes the GMAC Common Letter of Recommendation form. Please choose recommenders who are able to provide specific answers to the following questions:
- Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization. (Maximum word count: 50 words)
- How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (E.g. what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (Maximum word count: 500 words)
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (Maximum word count: 500 words)
- Is there anything else we should know? (Optional)
More information about the GMAC Common Letter of Recommendation can be found here.
You must input the name and contact information for each recommender, including their email address. Upon saving the information, the recommender will receive an email with instructions. We prefer that you enter a professional or academic email address – not a personal one.
Several corporate servers block our recommendation emails. We encourage you to confirm with your recommender that they have received the email request. If your recommenders do not receive the relevant email, please ask them to check their spam/junk folders and add Asia School of Business to their list of trusted senders. If your recommender encounters difficulty submitting, please ask them to email email@example.com for assistance.
*Lastly, it is your responsibility to remind your recommenders of the application deadline in order for your application to be completed on time. Your application will not be considered complete until both recommendations have been submitted.
Applications are due by 3:00pm Malaysia Standard Time on the deadline date, including all required documents and recommendation letters:
- Round 1: October 18, 2018
- Round 2: January 24, 2019
- Round 3: April 2, 2019
*All international Students are strongly encouraged to apply in Rounds 1 or 2 due to timelines for processing international student visa applications.
There is no application fee required at this time.
Interviews will be scheduled by invitation only, after an initial evaluation of a completed application. Depending on the availability and location of the interviewer and applicant, we will conduct an in-person interview or a Skype video interview. Our interview schedule is built based on the distribution of the applicant pool received. We try to give at least one week advance notice of the interview schedule date/time.
All applicants are informed of admission decisions through the online application system, including those who do not get invited to interview.
Applicants admitted to the program early enough in the admissions cycle will be invited to attend Admit Weekend in Kuala Lumpur on March 22-24, 2019. Those who are unable to attend Admit Weekend are welcome to come visit our campus at another time.
For a full list of admissions events, please click here.
Program Fees & Deposit
For information regarding the MBA program fees, please visit our Program Fees page.
If admitted, we require a MYR10,000 deposit to secure your place in the class. Deposits are due according to the deadline listed in the admission letter.
Program Start Date
The ASB MBA program will officially kick-off with a multi-week mandatory immersion program beginning August 12, 2019. All students are required to attend the full immersion program and are expected to be full-time ASB MBA students from August 12th onwards.
Thursday, August 1, 2019: Residential facilities available for move-in
Monday, August 5, 2019: International student arrival deadline
Monday, August 12, 2019: First day of mandatory immersion program
*Schedule is subject to change
We are here to support you. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we operate as a small team, and our response time depends on the volume of inquiries received.