Asia School of Business will matriculate one MBA cohort per year.
The application for 2018 intake opens in August 2017.
Instructions for the Asia School of Business MBA Program Application
The application must be completed online.
To submit a complete application, the following are required:
- Cover Letter
- Essays (2)
- Test Scores and/or Video Submission
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
The cover letter is your way of introducing yourself to the admissions committee. It should be succinct and tie together your past experience and your goals for the future in 250 words or fewer.
Please submit a résumé that includes your work experience and educational experience in reverse chronological order. It should indicate dates by month/year. It should focus on accomplishments. Extracurricular and other information appropriate to a business résumé is welcomed and encouraged. Your résumé should not exceed 2 pages in length.
There are two Required Essay Questions:
- Please describe an example of a time when you made a contribution to a team or group. Tell us what you were thinking, saying and doing.
- ASB students will be immersed in an extremely diverse environment. Please describe a situation in which you had to deal with cultural differences. Tell us what you were thinking, saying and doing.
Please answer the essay questions by using recent examples (within the past few years) from your professional, educational or personal experiences. Maximum length for each essay is 300 words.
There is one Optional Question:
- Is there any other information that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application to the ASB MBA program? Maximum length is 250 words.
Please scan and upload copies of your academic transcripts from all programs you attended that contributed to a degree. If a transcript or diploma is not written in English, you must provide a certified translation. The original and the official English translation should be scanned and uploaded.
An “unofficial” or student copy of transcripts can be provided; however if an applicant is admitted to the program, he or she will be required to submit an official transcript signed and sealed from every school attended that contributed to a degree. Any discrepancies between the scanned transcripts and official transcripts may result in a candidate’s rejection or a withdrawal of our offer of admission. Admitted applicants will also be required to submit a copy of all diplomas/degrees/certificates from programs from which they have received a degree (originals as well as certified English translations if necessary).
If your educational institution does not use a 4.0 GPA grading scale, please ensure that your transcipts include a description of the grading scale. If your transcripts do not provide this information, you will be requested to do so.
Test Scores and/or Video Submissions
GMAT or GRE
The ASB Admissions Committee strongly prefers all applicants to submit a valid GMAT or GRE score as part of their application. We accept both the GMAT and GRE test results and have no preference for one over the other. Test scores are only valid for five years. Therefore, for applicants planning to enter the program in 2017, we will consider all scores taken after September 1, 2012. We ask that you also include percentiles when adding your score. We require that the official GMAT or GRE scores be sent to Asia School of Business.
- There is no program code required for the GMAT
- MBA GRE School Code: 7568
While ASB strongly encourages applicants to apply with their GMAT or GRE test results, the Admissions Committee offers an alternative route for those who exhibit qualities that set them apart from their peers.
Individuals applying without a test score are required to submit a video as part of their application, which tells the Admissions Committee why they qualify for the program through their unique experiences, and how they will contribute to the MBA classroom. For example, the Admissions Committee may consider a video submission in place of test score from applicants who have:
- Built a successful start-up;
- Made paradigm-shifting changes within their company or industry; or
- Completed a JD, PhD or quantitative-based Master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and have demonstrated exceptional quantitative skills
- Video submission is mandatory for applicants without a test score, and is optional for applicants who do submit a test score
- Please host your video externally (i.e. YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox) and ensure that you provide an unprotected link (no password required)
- Please keep all videos to 2:00 minutes total in length
- The Admissions Committee ultimately reserves the right to require a test score from all applicants
TOEFL or IELTS (optional)
Applicants who did not attend an English speaking university for a minimum of two years are invited to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- TOEFL Institution Code: B408
Letters of Recommendation
Two completed letters of recommendation from two different people who are not family members are required and must be submitted as a PDF document online. Professional recommendations are preferred from people who have supervised your work and can give specific examples of your professional achievements and personal character. Recommenders should be able to answer the following questions either in letter or short answer format:
- How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- How does the applicant stand out from others in a similar capacity?
- Please give an example of the applicant’s impact on a person, group, or organization.
- Please give an example of how the applicant interacts with colleagues, clients or his superiors.
- Is there a personal or professional characteristic that the applicant should address while attending the ASB MBA program?
- Please tell the ASB Admissions Committee anything else you think we should know about this applicant.
*Applicants should notify recommenders of the above details as early as posible to allow them enough time to complete their recommendation before the application deadline. If your recommenders do not receive the relevant email notification asking them to submit their recommendation online, please ask them to check their spam/junk folders and add Asia School of Business to their list of trusted senders.
You will be able to see whether your recommenders have successfully submitted their letter of recommendation in the “Application Tracker” tab on your ASB Dashboard.
The online application and required documents are due by the following application deadlines:
- Round 1: October 19, 2017
- Round 2: January 18, 2018
- Round 3: March 29, 2018
*All international students are strongly encouraged to apply in Rounds 1 or 2 due to timelines for processing student visa applications.