Dr. Loredana Padurean is the Associate Dean at the Asia School of Business. As the first ASB hire, Prof. Loredana Padurean has been an energizing force behind the establishment of the school and, in particular the development of MIT Sloan devised action learning programs in Asia in collaboration with corporate partners in the region. She is the editor of the ASB magazine.
Loredana is an International Faculty Fellow at MIT Sloan with global teaching experience in India, US, Italy and Switzerland.
Prof. Loredana is interested in understanding how to orchestrate people and processes in excellence driven business models. Her most recent research “Nail it, Scale it, Sail it” focuses on understanding how and when companies build their operations strategies and capabilities.
Prof. Loredana has an MA in Communication and Economics and a PhD in Management from USI Switzerland. The Swiss National Research Foundation awarded her twice with a grant for an action research dissertation in understanding governance models through multiple perspectives. She is a serial failed entrepreneur and a passionate teacher interested in creating innovative learning environments.
Prof. Padurean has been a very active speaker in the Malaysian corporate scene, with over 25 master classes, keynotes and speaking engagement in the recent past. For more details on a master class, please contact her directly.
- Selected presentations
- Master Class
- Case studies
- Selected publications
- General Expertise
- Contact Information
- April 2017, Special guest UTKM “Action Learning at ASB – the beginning of an extraordinary journey”, Kuala Lumpur
- April 2017, Keynote – Maybank MKE’s Accelerate Leadership Program workshop “Innovation through Action Learning” Kuala Lumpur
- April 2017, Speaker – World Institute for Action Learning – Regional Conference “Innovation through Action Learning at ASB – the beginning of an extraordinary journey”, Kuala Lumpur
- March 2017, Host and Speaker Round table “Action Learning at ASB – the beginning of an extraordinary journey”, Kuala Lumpur
- March 2017, Guest Speaker Ministry of Higher Education Forum “University of the future – Action Learning” Kuala Lumpur
- February 2017, Moderator for Maybank’s annual flagship conference on “Invest ASEAN: Arts and business to fuse”, Kuala Lumpur
- February 2017, Teaching Tesla with Tesla at the Majestic – special ASB MBA recruitment event in collaboration with GreenTech Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- October 2016, Keynote – the International Green Technology Conference Malaysia, “Creating Disruptive Entrepreneurs in Asia in Solar PV” Kuala Lumpur
- September 2016, Master Class –Experian Malaysia, “Managing diversity in a global context”, Kuala Lumpur
- August 2016, Keynote Speaker – Master class, JobStreet International, “Winning the Generation Battle” in Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Johor
- August 2016, Master class – Maybank “Action learning tools and frameworks”, Kuala Lumpur
- July 2016, Master Class – Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad “Frameworks for Creativity and Discipline”, Kuala Lumpur
- June 2016, Speaker Venture for America, Class of 2016, Brown University “Nail it, Scale it, Sail it. Operations for entrepreneurs”, Providence, USA
- May 2016, Master Class – GreenTech Malaysia, “Nail it, scale it, sail it – The Tesla case study” in front of His Royal Highness Prince Amir of Selangor, Kuala Lumpur
- May 2016, Master Class – Khazanah Nasional Senior Leaders Retreat, “Nail it, scale it, sail it – The Tesla case study”, Kuala Lumpur
- May 2016, Master Class – Prudential, “3 Lenses in Organizational Behavior”, Kuala Lumpur
- April 2016, IM2016 Invest Malaysia Maybank in collaboration with the Stock Exchange ‘Malaysia: Sustainable at the Core’, Kuala Lumpur
- o Keynote Speaker in collaboration with Prof. Charlie Fine “Nail it, Scale it, Sail it – an evolutionary process”
- o Speaker on Driving Green with CEO GreenTech Mr.Hadri Haris
- April 2016, Moderator Invest ASEAN Maybank, Singapore, with Sir Bob Geldof and Dr. Farish A. Nor “Let the women in. A provocative conversation”, Singapore
- March 2016, Master Class, Axiata, “Nail it, scale it, sail it – The case of Tesla”, Kuala Lumpur
- December 2015, Keynote Speaker at the YTL Leadership conference in celebration of their 60th anniversary, “Managing diversity”, Kuala Lumpur
- November 2015, Speaker at the American Chamber of Commerce Thanksgiving Luncheon, Kuala Lumpur.
- October 2015, Speaker at the Agile Connections Conference, INTEL Penang “3 Lenses in Organizational Behavior”, Penang
- August 2015, Master Class INTEL Penang, “3 Lenses in Organizational Behavior” Penang
- June 2014 “Operations for entrepreneurs”, Venture for America Class of 2014, Brown University, Providence, RI, USA
- December 2013, “Entrepreneurial academia” Indian School of Business – Leveraging Enterprises through Academic Participation Conference, Mohali, India.
- November 2013, “Entrepreneurship in India” MIT-India Conference, Panelist on Entrepreneurship in India, Cambridge, MA, USA
- June 2011, “Destination dynamics. A governance and management perspective” QUIS12, the 12th International Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management, Cornell University, PA, USA
These are some of the selected titles for special talks and master classes.
- Nail it, Scale it, Sail it. The evolution of innovation through the case of Tesla.
- Inspirational Leadership – Are we born or are we made?
- Operational excellence. A function of customer delight. The case of Ritz Carlton and Benihana of Tokyo.
- Balancing Creativity and Discipline. The case of IDEO
- Winning the generation battle – managing diversity in a global environment
- Saving lives though process discipline. CSR through the eyes of Ikea and Walmart.
- New learning models in corporate environment. The process of Action Learning
- The process of effective and memorable communication. Examples from excellence in advertising
- Service excellence in cost saving structures. The case of Shouldice Hospital and SWA
- Technology for innovation in traditional industries. The case of MOS and Unity.
- 3 lenses in decoding individual and organizational behavior
- Heroes and processes. The case of Taj Hotels.
- Disrupting traditional industries. The case of SkinnyGirl and ASB
- Nail it, Scale it, Sail it. How does Tesla do it?
- Venture for America. Nailing and Scaling Platforms
- SkinnyGirl. Nail it, Scale it, Bail it.
- Ministry of Supply. Nailing NASA technology in men’s fashion
- Bensonwoods – Unity. Nailing a new business in a sailing environment.
- Fine C., Padurean L., Werner M., (2014) “The Tesla Roadster (A): Accelerated Supply Chain Learning”, Case study, MIT SLOAN, 14-157, July 24, 2014
- Padurean L., Fine C., (2011) “Destination dynamics. A governance and management perspective” QUIS12, the 12th International Research Symposium on Service Excellence in Management, Cornell University, June, 2011
- Book Chapter
Anja Saretzki & Karlheinz Wöhler (Eds.): Governance von Destinationen. Neue Ansätze für die erfolgreiche Steuerung touristischer. Zielgebiete, Berlin: Erich Schmidt Verlag 2013
Prof. Loredana is interested in understanding how to orchestrate people and processes in excellence driven business models. Her most recent research “Nail it, Scale it, Sail it” focuses on understanding how and when companies build their operations strategies and capabilities.”
PhD in Management, Faculty of Economics, University of Lugano, Switzerland
M.A. in Economics and Communication, University of Lugano, Switzerland
B.A. in International Relations, Babes Bolyai, University, Romania
2013 – 2015 Founder & CEO, DressMe, Fashion Tech Boston, USA
2008 – 2013 Founder & Managing partner C2B Consulting, Hospitality Lugano, Switzerland
2000 – 2004 Founder & Managing partner MAYA, Fashion Events Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Tel: +6 03 9179 4206
Name: Jaya Samadanam
Tel: +6 03 9179 4213