1. What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
Your name, contact details, identity card number, passport number, address, gender, age and other information (such as religious belief, medical details, academic records, employment records, financial information) as may be necessary in the course of your dealings with us.
2. Sources of your personal data
We collect most personal data directly from you. Personal data is also collected from third parties such as background check companies, referees, or recruitment agencies. ASB also collects personal data from event, function, meeting, marketing, expansion and promotional activities whether conducted by or on behalf of ASB or otherwise.
All personal data that we request from you is necessary for us to perform the purposes for which your data is collected. If you fail to provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to process your request and/or to proceed with your matter.
ASB will collect, use, process and/or disclose your personal data for the purposes for which it is collected or a related purpose.
ASB will collect, use, process and/or disclose your personal data for business and activities of ASB, and for the purposes relating to any contract or arrangement which you have entered with ASB or for a related purpose and which shall include, without limitation, the following:
- (i) To manage, maintain and facilitate your relationship with us as our student (including but not limited to providing academic and educational services and other ancillary services such as visa application, scholarship application or placements of internships or employment with third parties);
- (ii) To communicate with you;
- (iii) To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to us and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code;
- (iv) Our internal record keeping;
- (v) For statistical analysis;
- (vi) For any purposes related, ancillary or in furtherance to the abovementioned purposes.
i) Our internal record keeping;
ii) For processing payroll, advances, subsidies and/or reimbursements (where applicable);
iii) For taxation and auditing purposes;
iv) To communicate with you;
v) To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to us and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code.
c) Vendor, supplier and/or service providers
i) To engage you to provide services or products;
ii) For processing payments, claims, and/or reimbursement (where applicable);
iii) To communicate with you or your company;
iv) To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to us and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code.
d) Others (applicable to all, including those not mentioned in the above)
i) To respond to your queries;
ii) To allow your participation in events and/or activities conducted by us or on our behalf;
iii) To allow campus visitation;
iv) To send you by e-mail, telecommunication means or social media on updates, news, promotional and marketing information that we think may interest you;
v) Such other purposes in the course of your dealing with ASB.
4. Disclosure to third parties
We will keep the personal data provided to us confidential, but we will disclose the personal data to the following third parties if and when necessary:
- i. government departments, statutory authorities, regulators and/or its authorised agents;
- ii. relevant professional or statutory regulatory bodies and/or accreditation bodies;
- iii. insurance agents or companies;
- iv. prospect employers for the purposes of placement for internships and/or employment (where applicable);
- v. business partners of ASB (including but not limited to MIT Sloan and such other corporate bodies, university or school that may enter into arrangement with ASB);
- vi. ASB’s auditors, lawyers and such other professional advisors;
- vii. ASB’s sub-contractors or third-party service or product providers as deemed necessary by ASB.
5. Right to Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Data held by us.
If you wish to do so, please contact:
Please note that ASB has the right to refuse your request to access to and/or to correct any Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law.
You may also contact the relevant personnel if you:
i. wish to stop receiving updates, news, promotional and marketing information from us; or
ii. you have any inquiries;
iii. you have any complaint in respect of your Personal Data provided to us.
ASB reserves the rights to change, amend and/or vary this Policy from time to time. Any amendment will be informed by way of announcement on this website or any other suitable methods. Please follow our website from time to time to be informed of any updates to this Policy. Any amendments to this Policy will be effective after notice is given to you. By continue using our services and/or access to this website after being informed of any amendments to this Policy, you shall be deemed to have agreed to and accepted the said amendments.